YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday 5 February 2016

REVIEW: Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick.

Hey lovelies!

Today I've brought a little review for you since the last few posts have been all about makeup and I thought what else to do it on than the massive craze atm.. liquid lipsticks!


I have Jeffree Star's Velour Liquid Lipstick in the shade Redrum. A gorgeous, blue toned, "true" red. It's a seriously stunning shade. So first I'll show you the swatches, which honestly speak for themself, talk about what Jeffree claims about his liquid lipsticks, the other shades available, where to get them and then finally what I personally think.

Here are the photos:




Okay, so from the official Jeffree Star Cosmetics website, he claims this colour is the perfect red (which it is) and that it will look amazing on any skin tone (which it would) so that I definitely agree with. These products and I'm assuming all of Jeffree's products are vegan and cruelty free - which for anyone who is worried about that will be relieved to no. Personally it doesn't bother me too much but it is good to know there are no harsh chemicals or anything in his products! He claims it goes on opaque and stays for hours. Which again, I agree with.

The swatches I have showed on my hand and my lips are with just one layer. The pigment is there as soon as you put it on which I love. It takes around 30-40 seconds to dry completely matte, which isn't really a problem. It isn't drying but I still tend to use a lip balm under it to prevent any drying at all, which also sometimes can add to the drying time but it's nothing too bad. The formula of this lipstick means it is SO easy to overline your lips, which I love because I just personally really like that look. I think these are amazing, his colours are absolutely gorgeous! He's obviously a really out there and colourful person and that shows in his makeup line. I'm a huge fan of Jeffree and I don't think anyone will be able to beat his fantastic liquid lipstick line. I want all the colours!! The packaging is super cute, signature pink for Jeffree, of course, with the little stars I think it's really cute and adorable. Also about the packaging, the lid you can actually hear 'click' when it's closed which I find good as there's been plenty of times where I've thought I've closed a lipstick properly and haven't. The applicator of these lipsticks are lovely, they only have product in the actual little dip in the doe-foot (I don't know if that's how you spell it) applicator so there's no extra product anywhere. The only thing I have trouble with about is that the doe-foot applicator is a teensy bit 'fluffy' I suppose you could call it so sometimes getting a precise line isn't always possible. But it's easily fixed with using a lip brush. 
I'd highly recommend getting your hands on a few of the colours, they're all stunning and I can't wait to get more! Watch out though as they all sell out SO fast! 

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed!

x x x x x x x 

No comments:

Post a Comment