YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday 15 January 2016

Illamasqua Lip Product Collection + Review.

Hello again my lovelies!

I thought today I'd do a little Illamasqua lip product collection post along with swatches both on my arm and my lips! I absolutely love Illamasqua as a brand and their lip products are amazing quality. I absolutely love them!
I'll try to link everything that I can!

First off, their packaging is black (aka my fave colour) and sleek and just very pretty. I love it. They have a huge selection of colours ranging from the neutral nudes to the craziest colours. There's definitely something for everyone.

The Illamasqua website is incredibly helpful for online shopping because they show swatches on different skin tones and a moving swatch which I LOVE. It makes the whole experience of picking something you know you'll like so much easier rather than ordering something and hating it when it gets here.



Here are the swatches:


Figured I'd do one picture with flash and one without.


From left to right: Rockabilly, Severity, Resist, Divine, Box, Fierce, Shard & ESP.

Please excuse my eye makeup in the following photos, I'm currently doing the 30 Day Makeup Challenge and this was the only time I could do the photo swatches on my lips - so they do look a bit crazy with the makeup at times. Here are the swatches on my lips and mini reviews:



Just to make it ridiculously uneasy for myself, I started doing the lip swatches in a different order than I'd done with the arm ones. Anyway, this is Fierce. It's an Intense lipgloss. It's gorgeous, pretty opaque and definitely 'fierce' as it's name suggests. Love the formula and they smell SO good.



This is Divine. It's a sheer lipgloss so a lot less opaque, still smells good like the intense lipglosses, formula is really nice and doesn't feel goopy or anything on your lips. Also kinda digging my eyemakeup with this lip colour! Unfortunately couldn't find this on their website, so I'm assuming the sheer lipglosses have been discontinued, sorry!!



This is Rockabilly. I can't tell you how amazing this is, it's just SO pretty. It's a gorgeous rosy red colour, perfect pin up colour and very creamy and moisturising. I love it. It's one of their 'Glamore' lipsticks meaning it is a satin finish. Love this shade, dying to get more of the Glamore lipsticks!


Next up is Resist. Just apologising in advance for this and the rest of the lipstick swatch pics as my lips were on fire by this point and my application got a bit messy/out of line, sorry! Anyway, this is one of their matte finish lipstick and lemme tell you, you will never find a more matte lipstick in your LIFE! However because of this it can be a littttle bit drying, but not enough to bother me. I love how long it stays on and it's very opaque. Love this shade. Again I'm so sorry but I think they have discontinued this shade as I can't find it on their website!



This is Shard. The first lipstick I ever bought from Illamasqua - the one little tiny thing that started my obsession with the brand itself! I love this colour, it's gorgeous. Another one of their matte finish lipsticks, stays on for hours, very opaque and lovely. 




Next up is Box. I love this shade. A perfect mix between pink and red. It's stunning. And matte. Which is also good.




Next up is ESP (and me looking super buzzin about it matching my hair, sort of) this colour is bold and beautiful, matte finish and just all round amazing. I absolutely love it. Didn't really manage to pull it off before but I think now the bottom of my hair is this colour I'll be able to pull it off a lot more ;)




Lastly is their lip colouring pencil in Severity. This is a shade I love lining my lips with before putting ESP or Shard on as it makes it look a bit darker and deeper, gives it a bit more definition. Also still gorgeous all over the lip though. I love this shade and I often compare it to Nightmoth - but not exactly the shade of it, maybe like 2 shades lighter. It's very very pretty.

Overall I love Illamasqua in general as a whole brand, I think they are amazing, pricey, yes, but amazing. The colours speak for themselves really, all unique and gorgeous and definitely worth a look at!

Thank you so much for reading! I've loved doing this post, I quite like this kind of style too. Except my lips being sore, that indeed sucks lol. Hope you've enjoyed! See you back here soon :)

x x x x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment